Shipping & Returns
|Order Total||Ground||Course Materials||2nd Day||Next Day|
|Up to $25.00||$5.99||$7.50||$14.99||$24.99|
|International orders will be charged international shipping rates plus $5 handling charge per package.|
We make every effort to ship your order promptly. Please allow 5-10 business days for ground delivery. Due to product availability, we may make separate shipments on items you order together and bill them incrementally to your credit card. Shipping charges are only applied to the first shipment. All backordered items ship at no charge.
2nd day and Next day orders received by 12:00 PM (CST) are generally shipped the same day. Product availability and order accuracy may delay processing 1-2 business days. 2nd Day and Next Day orders refer to Monday through Friday only, no Saturday or Sunday deliveries. If shipping to more than one address, include postage for each address. We cannot ship to P.O. boxes.
Flat rate shipping pertains to Ground orders within the United States only. Course materials are not included in flat rate shipping. Merchandise requiring additional freight charges are exempt from the flat rate shipping, these items will be charged the additional freight charge.
Orders weighing under a pound will be shipped via UPS Mail Innovations. Orders shipped via UPS Mail Innovations may take the full 7-10 business days to arrive. Business days refer to Monday through Friday only.
Some products are distributed and shipped straight from the manufacturer which may require additional shipping charges of up to $15. Out of State drop shipping costs will be determined by the location the product is shipping to and you will be contacted by our customer service staff for verification of the cost & authorization to proceed with shipping.
Phone, Mail, and Online Returns and Exchanges
Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly exchange or refund the merchandise. Please note, video and audio products cannot be returned once they have been opened. Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned for refund.
Please choose one of the following options:
"Need it Now" Exchange
If you need a different item, size, or color now, call 1-800-HAWK SHOP (1-800-429-5746) and request the "Need it Now" exchange. We will process a new order for you, though we will have to charge you for the new item(s), we will ship in-stock merchandise within 24 hours 2nd Day and waive the shipping charges. Once we receive your return (see below), we will credit or refund you for the cost of the original item. Sorry, we cannot refund original or return shipping/handling charges unless the item is defective or an error occurred in processing your original order. See Defectives/Errors below.
Mail-in Refunds or Exchange
Complete the Return/Exchange Form on the back side of your order's packing slip, or download a Return/Exchange Form from www.hawkshop.com. If your original packing slip is not available, please provide the Order Number and/or the name of the person placing the original order. When exchanging an item, please provide the item number, size, color, and description (if possible) for the new item.
Repack your merchandise in the original packaging (if available), please make sure the merchandise is secure, and enclose the Return/Exchange Form. Affix the preprinted returns label, or ship to Iowa Hawk Shop Returns, 1225 S. Gilbert St, Iowa City, IA 52242.
We will credit the returned item to the original credit card, and charge the new item to the same card. If original payment is by check, we will reapply the refund to the exchange order. This assures your order can be tracked during the exchange process and after it is shipped.
All exchange orders of in-stock merchandise will be shipped at no charge via Ground to the original US shipping address. Sorry, we cannot refund original or return shipping/handling charges unless the item is defective or an error occurred in processing your original order. See Defectives/Errors section.
* Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned for refund.
We will gladly refund the purchase price (plus IA sales tax, if applicable) of your returned merchandise either by crediting the original credit card, or if paid by check, by issuing a refund check (please allow 3-4 weeks for the processing of a check refund). Sorry, we cannot refund original or return shipping/handling charges unless the item is defective or an error occurred in processing your original order. See Defectives/Errors section.
* Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned for refund.
Defective Merchandise or Errors
Any merchandise that is defective, has defective construction, damaged in shipment, or was not the item ordered can be returned for an exchange or refund. Please follow one of the Exchange or Refund options listed above. On the Return/Exchange Form please select or indicate the appropriate reason for your return. Original and returned shipping/handling charges will be refunded for the return or exchange of defective or error merchandise. Exchange merchandise will also be returned shipped at no cost.
In-Store Returns and Exchanges
Policy includes all returns for Iowa Hawk Shop, University Book Store, Tech Connection, and Wild Rose Books.
General merchandise (apparel, insignia, supplies, and accessories)
- Returns and exchanges must be completed within 90 days of purchase and must be in new and unused condition.
- The item must contain original packaging and accessories, and the must be in re-saleable condition.
- An in-store receipt is required for returns. All returns will be credited to original form of payment.
- Items without a receipt can be exchanged or given store credit for the current market value and are subject to store management approval.
- Gift cards are non-returnable.
- Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned for refund
- Education course materials can be returned during the first 3 weeks of class with receipt.
- Course materials for dropped classes must be returned within six weeks. A drop slip and the receipt are required for refund. Final return dates are at the discretion of the Textbook Retail Manager.
- Course materials must be in like new condition, including unbroken wrap when applicable and must include all package components.
- Clicker returns are the same as textbooks. Receipt is required, and return ust be made within time limits. Dates are set for each semester (please see below). We do buy back clickers at the end of the semester, which we buy back at 50% of retail.
- Apple: Unopened box returns will be accepted within 14 days from the date of purchase for a refund. Open box hardware returns will be accepted within 14 days from date of purchase, subject to department manager approval. Approval process may take 48-72 hours (Apple Campus Store Policy). Defective hardware can be exchanged within 14 days. Customer must agree to initiate an Apple warranty claim and the defect must be verified as covered by warranty.
- Non-Apple computers and hardware: Unopened box returns will be accepted within 14 days from the date of purchase for a refund. No returns will be accepted on any open box product, with the exception of a product being DOA (dead on arrival). All DOA exchanges must be made within 14 days of the purchase date. DOA merchandise will be exchanged for the exact same item upon return. Defective merchandise is covered under warranty and must be dealt directly with the distributor by customer.
- Electronics: DVDs, CDs, and video games cannot be returned once opened. Defective DVDs, CDs, and video games can be exchanged for the same item within 30 days of purchase date. Refunds or credits are available.
- Software: No software will be accepted for return once the media package has been opened. U of I licensed software and license agreements are non-returnable. Software is sold subject to the terms and conditions specified on the software packaging by the software publisher.
Textbook Return Dates - Spring Semester 2014
Final Day to return textbooks:
- Last Date to Return Textbooks for a Full Refund: February 10th
- Last Date to Return Textbooks for a Full Refund with a Signed Drop Slip: March 3rd
Last Date to Return Rental Textbooks: Varies depending on length of rental term. Please refer to receipt for rental due date. Spring semester rental textbooks may be returned to the Iowa Hawk Shop location in the Old Capitol Town Centre until May 22. After that date, rental textbooks must be sent directly back to Bookrenter.com—return shipping is free, and shipping materials can be provided by the Iowa Hawk Shop free of charge.