Your satisfaction is very important to us. If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase, we will gladly exchange or refund the merchandise. Please note, Electronics cannot be returned once they have been opened. Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned.
Please choose one of the following options:
"Need it Now" Exchange
If you need a different item, size, or color now, call 1-800-HAWK SHOP (1-800-429-5746) and request the "Need it Now" exchange. We will process a new order for you, though we will have to charge you for the new item(s), we will ship in-stock merchandise within 24 hours 2nd Day and waive the shipping charges. Once we receive your return (see below), we will credit or refund you for the cost of the original item. Sorry, we cannot refund original or return shipping/handling charges unless the item is defective or an error occurred in processing your original order. See Defectives/Errors below.
Mail-in Refunds or Exchange
Complete the Return/Exchange Form included in your package, or download a Return/Exchange Form from www.hawkshop.com. If your original packing slip is not available, please provide the Order Number and/or the name of the person placing the original order. When exchanging an item, please provide the item number, size, color, and description (if possible) for the new item.
Repack your merchandise in the original packaging (if available), please make sure the merchandise is secure, and enclose the Return/Exchange Form. Affix the preprinted returns label, or ship to:
Iowa Hawk Shop
2515 Independence Rd.
Independence Road Annex
Iowa City, Ia 52240.
We will credit the returned item to the original credit card, and charge the new item to the same card. If original payment is by check, we will reapply the refund to the exchange order. This assures your order can be tracked during the exchange process and after it is shipped.
All exchange orders of in-stock merchandise will be shipped at no charge via Ground to the original US shipping address. Sorry, we cannot refund original or return shipping/handling charges unless the item is defective or an error occurred in processing your original order. See Defectives/Errors section.
* Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned.
We will gladly refund the purchase price (plus IA sales tax, if applicable) of your returned merchandise either by crediting the original credit card, or if paid by check, by issuing a refund check (please allow 3-4 weeks for the processing of a check refund). Sorry, we cannot refund original or return shipping/handling charges unless the item is defective or an error occurred in processing your original order. See Defectives/Errors section.
* Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned.
Defective Merchandise or Errors
Any merchandise that is defective, has defective construction, damaged in shipment, or was not the item ordered can be returned for an exchange or refund. Please follow one of the Exchange or Refund options listed above. On the Return/Exchange Form please select or indicate the appropriate reason for your return. Original and returned shipping/handling charges will be refunded for the return or exchange of defective or error merchandise. Exchange merchandise will also be returned shipped at no cost (based on UPS ground pricing).
In-Store Returns and Exchanges
Policy includes all returns for Iowa Hawk Shop, University Book Store, Tech Connection, and Wild Rose Books.
General merchandise (apparel, insignia, supplies, and accessories)
- Returns and exchanges must be completed within 90 days of purchase and must be in new and unused condition.
- The item must contain original packaging and accessories, and the must be in re-saleable condition.
- An in-store receipt is required for returns. All returns will be credited to original form of payment.
- Items without a receipt can be exchanged or given store credit for the current market value and are subject to store management approval.
- Gift cards are non-returnable.
- Sale and/or clearance items cannot be exchanged or returned
- Education course materials can be returned during the first 3 weeks of class with receipt.
- Course materials for dropped classes must be returned within six weeks. A drop slip and the receipt are required for refund. Final return dates are at the discretion of the Textbook Retail Manager.
- Course materials must be in the same condition as when purchased, including unbroken wrap when applicable and must include all package components.
- Clicker returns are the same as textbooks. They must be in unused condition. Receipt is required, and return must be made within time limits. Dates are set for each semester (please see below). We do buy back clickers at the end of the semester, which we buy back at 50% of retail.
Fall Textbook Refunds and Rental Returns
- Full Refund: September 12th
- Full Refund with Signed Drop Slip: October 3rd
- Rental Return Due Date: December 19th
- Apple: Unopened box returns will be accepted within 14 days from the date of purchase for a refund or exchange. Open box hardware returns will no longer be accepted. Customer must contact Apple at 800-800-2775, option 3 for return or exchange. Returns on DOA product will be accepted, but customer must contact Apple (800-800-2775 option 3) prior to return for approval of product as DOA.
- Non-Apple computers and hardware: Unopened box returns will be accepted within 14 days from the date of purchase for a refund. No returns will be accepted on any open box product, with the exception of a product being DOA (dead on arrival). All DOA exchanges must be made within 14 days of the purchase date. DOA merchandise will be exchanged for the exact same item upon return. Defective merchandise is covered under warranty and must be dealt directly with the distributor by customer.
- Electronics: DVDs, CDs, and video games cannot be returned once opened. Defective DVDs, CDs, and video games can be exchanged for the same item within 30 days of purchase date. Refunds or credits are available.
- Software: No software will be accepted for return once the media package has been opened. U of I licensed software and license agreements are non-returnable. Software is sold subject to the terms and conditions specified on the software packaging by the software publisher.